Features – Continental Competition 28 x 22
- The ideal combination of comfort, puncture protection and low rolling resistance
- Perfect all-rounder with ProTour-proven construction
- Excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- Excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- ETRTO: 28×22
- Dimension: 28 x 22mm
- Technology: Vectran Breaker
- TPI: 3/180
- BlackChili: Yes
- Bar: 8.0-12.0
- 245g (manufacturer information)
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert.
A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.