The Mountain King 2.8 from Continental is a perfect trail ride companion – not stingy on grip, ideal for full-suspension trail bikes. The snappy central knobs and grippy outer knobs means it offers maximum grip. The BlackChili Compound combines a higher mileage with improved rolling resistance while maintaining the same driving characteristics.
Features – Mountain King 2.8 ProTection
- Versatile competition and touring tyre with safe cornering and driving comfort
- Good grip and quiet rolling, available with different technologies
- Smooth running tyre with a special tread pattern that adapts to any surface
- ETRTO: 70-584
- Dimension: 27.5 x 2.8″
- Technology: ProTection
- Compound: BlackChili
- Design: foldable
- Sidewall TPI: 3/180
- Tubeless Ready: Yes
- Bar: 1.8-2.8
- 855g (manufacturer information)
Scope of delivery
- 1 Mountain King 2.8 ProTection TLR 27.5×2.8″ Folding Tire
With our unique tread compound, which is produced only in Germany, we have revolutionised the sport of cycling. With the legendary BlackChili Compound we have answered the eternal question of the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling. Regular test wins confirm the measureable and noticeable advantages for the cyclist, established in the laboratory and on the road. The latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials guarantee unique performance
The ProTection technology gives our tires their perfect mix of fast rolling, grip and puncture protection. Four plies under the tread and three in the sidewalls make this possible. The whole tire attains greater resilience and becomes less vulnerable to damage.
- Adheres well to the terrain, even on the toughest trails
- Very good damping characteristics
- BlackChili Compound ensures smooth rolling and the required grip
- Tubeless Ready: The revolutionary Tubeless Ready base enables the tire to be mounted easily. Conti
Developed especially for the mountain bike sector, this additional puncture protection layer which completely encircles both tire beads makes our carcasses robust and impervious against damage and penetration from foreign objects. For maximum effect we combine ProTection with BlackChili Compound. The result: versatile, low weight and an attractive design. In addition, tires made using this technology can also be used as Tubeless Ready.
For our E-Bike tyre we fall back on over 100 years’ experience with moped and motorcycle tires. All of our city/trekking tires are rated to a standard speed of at least 25 km/h. Those tires marked e50 are also certified for S-Pedelecs. With their high quality structure, puncture protection is high and the rolling resistance is low offering protection from premature wear brought about by the additional driving force.